The Great Wall of China Facts
Among the 7 wonders of the world, The Great China Wall is unique of itself. It took many centuries to complete this wall. Today we are going to tell you about some interesting and amazing great wall of china facts.
1. This huge wall of China began to be built around 7th century i.e. 2,800 years ago and it took almost two thousand years to complete it. This fame wall was built by King Qin Shihuang.
2. At one time this wall was known by many names, including Rampant, Parallel Frontier, Earth Dragon. However, in the 19th century its official name was the Great Wall of China.
3. Some parts of this wall are not interconnected. If all its parts are added, then its total length will be 8848 kilometres.
4. According to an estimate, about 20 to 3 million people had spent their entire lives in building this wall.
5. The wall is so wide that 5 horse or 10 people can walk on it simultaneously.
6. Although it was made to defend against the enemies, it was used for trade for centuries.
7. The people who used to be used in the construction of the wall were buried in the foundation of the wall. That’s why it is also called the world’s tallest cemetery. Many people also attacked China by breaking this wall. Like in 1211 Genghis Khan Many inspection bases have also been set up to keep an eye on the enemies.
8. While making the wall, rice flour was used to add to its stones.
9. The maximum height of this wall is 35.
10. In Chinese language this wall is called ‘wan le chhong chung’.
11. One million tourists visit this year every year.
12. This is the only man-made figure that can be seen from the sky.